So I was talking to my mom today and she read one of my blog posts and she asked me, 'so are you still doing that messianic Judaism thing?' And I told her well no I am just doing a Bible study. I started thinking, hmmm I guess if I have to put a label on it, what would it be?
I started out 'non-denomination christian' and had a ton of questions but never really outwardly questioned it just went along as I was told until I moved here. The town is tiny so it doesn't have a bunch of options as far as churches go and started going to a baptist church. I fell in love with the people at that church but that was the first time I ever went to a denominational church. The church also consisted of so many people that were totally different denominations. I then after listening to so many of the difference between different people it really got me thinking. I am not a kid any more and being the type of person that does question everything I figured I would dig in and since I got different answers from everyone I asked I just started reading for myself. I have come to the conclusion that all denominations pick and choose what they want to adhere to in the bible.
Yahweh (God) gave us the bible to follow, live by, learn from, and teach from. The WHOLE bible. If the Old Testament wasn't important why would God have given it? Why would Jesus have quoted it or learned it? Jesus (Yeshua) says in Matthew...
Don't think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to
abolish but to complete. Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away,
not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah- not until everything that
must happen has happened. So whoever disobeys the least of these mitzvot and teaches
others to do so will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever obeys
them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven (CJB).
Nowhere do we see in Matthew chs. 5-7 any kind
of explicit denial of the relevance and supernatural inspiration of the Tanach Scriptures. On the
contrary, now that the Messiah has arrived, their importance for guiding men and women of faith into greater holiness is only intensified.
So no I guess I am not a christian anymore, as most don't follow the torah and no I am not a Jew as I believe in Jesus. I am a person that believes in the whole bible and I am not worthy enough to pick and choose what I want to follow. Who am I to 'tell God' what I believe and don't believe or follow or not to?
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
So what am I?
Posted by My Mind Babbles at 5:29 PM
Labels: bible, christian, denomination
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment