According to the Bible, when was the first lie told? Who told it and what were the consequences of it?
If we look at Genesis 2:16-17 it says: 16 ADONAI, God, gave the person this order: "You may freely eat from every tree in the garden 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You are not to eat from it, because on the day that you eat from it, it will become certain that you will die."
Ok so why do I quote that? Well go to Genesis 3:1-3
1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any wild animal which ADONAI, God, had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You are not to eat from any tree in the garden'?" 2 The woman answered the serpent, "We may eat from the fruit of the trees of the garden, 3 but about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden God said, 'You are neither to eat from it nor touch it, or you will die.'"
Ok, I don't know where the 'touch it' part came from. But the serpent knew that that was not what God had said. He knew that she was lying. It was a lie or she was just adding on to what He had said. Either way the serpent (satan) had her. He was now able to manipulate her which led to what some would call 'The fall of man' More on that later.
Proverbs 30:6
Don't add anything to his words; or he will rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
Man has a real tendency to ass to or change or plain ole leave out what God had said or intended. Every time that you do add or leave out God's words or plans you are basically sending and invitation to Satan to reek havoc on your life! It does have a negative effect on your life whether you see it at the moment or not! We are to follow God's words. Now what we see mainly in the churches of today is not biblically correct. Most of what we see today is man-made traditions and customs. They are worldly. Who does this world belong too? You guessed it! Satan.
I had someone tell me...'I will worship Him with my heart and try not to get wrapped around the flag pole about why something started in the first place.' Ok that is all well and good that you worship in his heart but do we really want our kids to 'love us in their hearts and not give a damn about the rules and all the stuff we have taught them?'
Don't we as parents set things out for our kids out of love. To help them and guide them? It amazes me the more that I learn is the fact that of holiday's 'in the name of Christ' are nothing more than man made traditions. We don't here about the feasts and laws the God has set out for us.
Adonai, saved me from the brink of death about 6 years ago, literally. My life was hell. He took me from that and lately he is making me really examine who He is, what I have been taught, and to really unlearn all the man made garbage that had spewed onto my life. Am I perfect? Ha, ha, ha let me say 'no freakin way'! That is why I am sharing this and all that I have before. I need to share the truth that I am seeing to anyone and everyone. God is God of the Bible. Yeshua (Jesus) is the savior that followed the Torah and taught from the whole Tanakh. He is the reason for the NT. But I would love for all my christian friends and otherwise to really examine why you believe what you do and why you think that God has changed and doesn't expect much but 'worshipping from the heart' and that is it. Why do you not follow the teaching of the Torah etc. Where does it say in the bible ' oh you know disregard what I had to say in the 1st half of this book!' :)
If you aren't a christian or don't have any belief in GOd please comment and tell me why or tell me your beliefs. I am in this world to teach about the creator of this world. The God of Love. My Step-Grandpa died and had a funeral within the last 2 weeks. My step father was outraged because I guess the speaking that the 'father' did at the funeral was too I guess spiritual. This is coming from the same guy that said to my husband and I when we moved back to the state where he and my mom lived said' You know you need to find a good church to go to etc etc.' Well at his brother's funeral a couple years ago (he was murdered) the same pries, father,what ever they like to be called, his message had too much to do with salvation or so some of the family members commented. TOO MUCH ABOUT SALVATION!?!?!?!? SO at his father's funeral he didn't want to make people uncomfortable. WOW!! I don't know the exact verse but I will paraphrase when Yeshua (Jesus) says 'If you deny me in front of man, I will deny you in front of the father' I do know now and there are a lot more reasons too, that my step dad is not saved and like I asked my mom' If he were to die tomorrow, where would he go?' And that really has been weighing on me lately. I know so many family members and friends that don't know the answer to that. So I am asking you...... If you were to die tomorrow where would you go and why/how do you know this? Please comment on this with your answer and if you are unsure etc leave your email address or something and we will talk!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment