Man I am frustrated.. Right after Zack was born I was in the hospital for Gallbladder issues.. The wanted to rip it out. This was from the same hospital that misdiagnosed a KIDNEY STONE for a year.
Yep one, well I guess huge kidney stone. I was hospitalized over and over for it. They did a laporoscopy one time and took out my appendix even thought the doctor said it was healthy and pink.. I remember the day the doctor found out that it was a kidney stone. He said 'huh, you have the same calcification that you did this time last year... It can't be a kidney stone though because you wouldn't be able to handle the pain.' Luckily a doctor that had 1/2 a brain came in and started chewing out my doctor saying that it was a kidney stone that I had to have surgery. The nurse after I had it removed said that that was the biggest one she has ever seen!! SO was I going to let these people take my Gallbladder too? Yeah I don't freaking think so...
I did however find out what a gallbladder was and what its function is... It breaks down fats etc. The more fats you eat the more pain I will be in etc. Of course I had gallbladder issues!! I actually listened when they said margerine was better than butter etc etc.. I LOVE BUTTER! But of course I listened to what the scientists were saying at the time about how butter was unhealthy. So I cooked with like a stick or so of MARGERINE all the time! I also loved 'bar food' anything fried up and greasy!! I used vegetable oil. It sounds healthy right?? :)
I remember what my answer was when the doc asked me what I had for breakfast. I had my gall bladder pain @ noon.. So I tell him, embarressed I mean I was 25 years old at the time 'Half a 1/2 gallon of double fudge brownie ice cream and pepsi.' So he says to me 'Do you know what a gallbladder is and why we have one?' hahaha...
Well I change around my diet. I read 'Natural cures they don't want you to know about' and 'The makers diet'. Both great books!! I learned so much and especially after the first book things started to make much more sense..
I moved to Idaho and was doing really good and then had another bought real bad. I ended up in the hospital, and they told me that I needed surgery real bad. Something about the bile going into the liver? I don't remember too much because the thing that stuck out in my mind was the fact that they made it sound like I was going to die with out surgery etc etc and then the nurse comes back and asks me what insurance I had. At that time I didn't have any and when I told the nurse that she said 'I will be right back' A few minutes later she came back with discharge papers and told me that because I didn't have insurance that I would have to call the hospital social worker to try to figure out a way to pay for the surgery that I so seperately needed. THANK YOU KOOTENAI MEDICAL CENTER IN COEUR D ALENE IDAHO! :) The surgery was $15,000 so yeah um that didn't happen. But they way they were talking I should be dead by now!
Anyway I went 3 1/2 years and now it is back.. :( I have been relaxed in my diet, at heart I am a junk food addict. Now I eat it and feel awful in more ones than one....
Upon looking into it I see the reason I am having issues.. I have never really cared for meat or its products but lately have been eating suff with hamburger, roasts, etc.
I did some reading this morning.. Cholesterol=gallstones, animal products=cholesterol. So now I have to get my gallbladder checked out to make sure everything is ok with it and my pancreas (scary) and obvously need to cut out more from my diet....
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Gallbladder Issues...
Posted by My Mind Babbles at 11:11 AM
Labels: doctors, fatty foods, gallbladder, kootenai medical center, natural cures, the makers diet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment